Saturday, August 30, 2008

Just my luck

I never thought it would happen to me. Or maybe I was hoping it wouldn't happen to me. But it did. And it is something that happens quite rampantly. You might have experienced it, or at least somebody you know - a relative or perhaps a friend, has gone through it.

Burglary, snatch thief and such are happening every single day and during the broad daylight. Neighbours or people at the scene would just gawk and not do anything. It is none of their business. Better not get involved lest they became the next target. The police are seriously not doing enough. Orelse there wouldn't be these cases day in and day out. Oh, they are doing their job. Upon successfully apprehending (more likely killing) the bad guys, their success story would be plastered in the dailies and all over the news. But that is just one case. What about thousands more? They simply couldn't care less.

I am irritated and heartsick whenever I think about it. I wouldn't list down the things that were taken. It would not mean a thing to you. Being a self-declared hoarder, everything I own has its own story. Therefore all have sentimental value to me. And to think that the things they find useless would just be thrown away.. it's just too much. And the losses not only come from the things that was stolen but also to repair the physical damage. But I must thank them for not taking my desktop or else I wouldn't be able to blog and complain about them!

But I am thankful that it happened when the house was empty, so no one was hurt (emotionally and physically). Things happen for a reason. I believe it is His way of telling me not to be too engrossed in the material world. I am not going to blame Him but instead give thanks.

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" 1 Thessalonians 5:18"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pearly,

Really sorry to hear about the burglary. Good to know that no one was hurt. Anyway, I just wanted to stress the point that the police in Malaysia have more important things to do than stopping "petty" crimes like this. For example, Raya is around the corner and they will be having unauthorised roadblocks for a few extra bucks, if u know what I mean. And then there are the more serious issues for them to handle, like blowing up pesky Mongolians, pinning sodomy charges on innocent opposition leaders, raiding the houses of prominent bloggers and most importantly trying in vain to hoodwink the public into believing that they're doing a decent and corruption-free job. Try beating that, with a stick I tell u...

pearly said...

yup, well said!