Friday, August 22, 2008

Bagels anyone?

Discovered something new in the Melaka food scene. Stumbled upon the Vienna Bagel kiosk in Mahkota Parade (somewhere opposite Poh Kong, near the 1901 hotdog kiosk). Now, anything that sounds foreign must be nice. So I decided to get some. And it was my lucky day - they were having a buy-one-free-one promotion for a week (being new and all).
Nice box packing.



So I asked if it is ok not to reheat it. And I was told that it wouldn't be as soft as it claimed. Hmmm...

It was something like pretzels but softer but not as fluffy as doughnuts (yes, even without reheating!). There are two varieties - savoury and sweet. Clockwise from your top left: jalapeno and cheese (the only savoury I took), oreo crumble, peanut-coated chocolate, coffee sprinkle on white chocolate, almond nut-coated chocolate and cinnamon sprinkle on white chocolate.
My verdict? I would go for the savoury type and perhaps the cinnamon. Maybe I'm being biased as the jalapeno had a tinge of spiciness (duh!). And if you know me you would know that I can't live without spicy food (the more spicy the better). Mom said it tasted like pizza. Well, I can definitely live without this one. On second thought, I'll have that jalapeno and cheese again.

0 comments: