Wednesday, July 14, 2010

IFC Mall Outing

Summer is the time filled with temptations to go out and shop. Especially in HK. There are sales everywhere. So yesterday was mommy and daughter's third window shopping outing together.

I hardly go out alone with Annabel because I have to cook and it can be quite tiring carrying her all the time. But it's getting better as she's willing to walk these days, and even insisting at times to walk without holding hands, "I don't want hold hands, I walk alone!" (or is it I walk myself?). But when she gets tired or lazy or moody, she'll quickly walk in front of us, stop and hold on to our legs saying, "Wait!! I tired. Carry me!!" Yesterday was no exception. She obviously didn't hold on to her promise of walking when out shopping with mommy!

Nevertheless Annabel does make a good shopping companion with quips like "Nice mommy!", "Mommy princess!", "Why mommy don't want to buy?", "How much is the dress mommy?" when I was shopping for clothes and trying them on. Aww.. so supportive my sweet little darling!

Annabel likes going in bookstores as well and will get excited when seeing her favourite characters on the cover of books like Mickey Mouse (and friends), Dora, Diego, Kai-Lan... She knows the books that she has at home and will exclaim, "I got!!" when seeing Eric Carle or Dr Seuss' books etc. Upon leaving the bookstore yesterday, she asked that I buy her a book, and immediately grabbed one from the shelves! Books here are expensive and especially since we've discovered the wonders of free delivery of wide choices of books at bookdepository, I am quite contented with getting our books there. So after a round of explanations blahblahblah she relented. Phew!

Despite so many good bargains and temptations, I only spent on a mng dress. On a budget mar teeheehee! I am very happy with my buy - such a lovely floral dress with lace trimmings. I like! It was priced at HKD259 (probably after a discount of bout 60%-70%) which is about RM110. I think it was initially priced at Euro 35 (about RM147). See how much they marked up the price!!

0 comments: