Sunday, March 14, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

The new Tim Burton movie has sparked a newfound interest in this Lewis Carroll classic. I couldn't really remember ever reading the book, but I do know (or I would like to think that I know), the storyline - Alice was in the garden and she fell through a hole and encountered various quirky characters... Yes?

A recent visit to a bookstore told me that I just got to have the book! Why not, with this latest edition ('gothic' and 'creepy' illustrations by Camille Rose Garcia included!).

Oh wow! I just love her illustrations, and am now a fan. But hubby being the dear hubby that he is, had to be a wet blanket, "You really want to get that? AIW should be read with its original illustrations (by Sir John Tenniel). You want Annabel to read that?! Gothic pictures only give out negative energy. Blahblahblah."


When the hardcover opens...

Finally after much pondering, I settled for a 'safe' version, one with hubby's new favourite illustrator, and one that I can pass on to Annabel later. And at the same time still thinking of the version that I (still) want...

0 comments: