Monday, May 18, 2009

The story of two dumplings

We bought two dumplings from Kee Wah bakery @IFC mall. We could have purchased from any roadside stalls but those are usually not labelled. And not being able to speak the language is no help either. So we decided to get from those nice looking bakeries with nice english labels on it.

Our twin dumplings all nicely packed. On your left is hubby's (salted pork dumpling thingy) and mine's pork in XO sauce something like that.


A close-up of mine. Notice the big XO on the label.

Foreground: twin dumplings underwent some heat treatment. Background: kiasu me.

The look after the heat treatment.

Two naked dumpling waiting to be eaten. The XO sauce is on your right. Quite obvious right?

A close-up of the salted pork dumpling. It is salty with huge chunks of siew yuk (pork).

And finally, my XO sauce pork dumpling. I could get the taste of dried prawns with a tinge of chilli.
The verdict? Both are nice in their own way. I couldn't decide which i like better. But i do know that I still like my nyonya chang the best!

0 comments: