Sunday, May 17, 2009

IFC mall

17th May 2009
I love the IFC mall. A few hours here has made me a fan of Steve Madden (they have awesome shoes!) and Dymocks bookstore (they have loads of good books.. titles that I didn't come across back home.. a sufficient collection of Dr Suess.. heaven!). Also, we bought a couple of savoury dumplings from Kee Wah bakery (photos will be displayed in another post). Maklumlar, bakchang festival is just around the corner and of course we have to try the ones here. But sadly I will be missing the nyonya chang this year, perhaps next year too!!!

Before all that, we went and makan at Tasty Congee and Noodle Wantun Shop (that's how they spell their wanton). There was a line so we took a number and waited outside. Yes, it was like a bank or post-office, with a screen displaying the number (it's a common thing here)! So while waiting, apa lagi take photos lar!

The name.
Nice stained glass wall.

A dangling decorative piece.

Believe it or not, this is the first place that we went that actually has a babychair. I was so thankful for that! Finally some peace.. well, not really.. but at least the arm can relax a little.

My lunch (slurp) of dry noodle with pork liver and kidney. There goes my cholesterol!

2 comments:

Jody Tan said...

oh my god are you kiddding???

yucks i hate liver!!!!

wait, aren't you a nutritionist? that cant be good for you.

pearly said...

not one that practises what she preaches haha!.. SEDAP!!!!