Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Turmeric Chicken

This is the first recipe I followed from Busygran. It got me excited at the first glance as it looked rather simple. The second glance had me wondering if it'll be yummy with such limited ingredients. I guess hers was a healthier version. Some improvisation is needed then. Here's how I cooked it.

Ingredients:
4 chicken drumsticks
Grind - 8 shallots, 3 pcs turmeric, 2 stalks lemongrass (thinly sliced), belacan, candlenuts, chili padi
1 stalk lemongrass (bruised)
Kaffir lime leaves
About 80ml santan (packet), some water
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Heat oil and fry the blended ingredients till fragrant.
2. Throw in the chicken, bruised lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves. Stir stir stir and fry fry fry.
3. Add about 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Pour in the santan.
4. Stir to a mix and simmer.

Notes:
* Even after some changes, I still find this dish very mild. You may consider adding pounded anchovies and dried prawns, ginger, galangal, more chilies (if you love spicy). But then again if there are too much additions, it might turned out like sayur lodeh or masak lemak etc.

0 comments: