Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lately...

It has been two months plus (and counting) since I've been here. And I've developed a sort of routine. Morning - breakfast - bathe Annabel - cook Annabel's food - cook daddy's (and mommy's) food - hopefully by now Annabel will nap for two hours - then a quick lunch and other misc stuff before she wakes up again - then continue to layan her with mum-mum in between - then dinner and later bathe her and put her in her pjs and hope and pray that she'll sleep early... and when she actually falls asleep, I would start with preparing the next day's food and washing her clothes!!!
So tiring. More so than when I was working. Although I do not have to plan strategies on how to bring in the sales, I now have to crack my head daily as to what to cook! I actually don't know which of the two gives me more headache! I guess it's because my time now is controlled by my lil princess. Taking care of baby + cooking = super tiring!! I have less me-time, and it's either the internet or reading, although I so plan to start on my cross-stitch.. and I still dare not install my HOM!! So far I have only been actively doing the world wide web.
I do miss my working days. Not so much of the work though (obviously!). I miss the freedom to go here and there with my mba7812 (sobs), whenever and wherever. I miss the brunch and tea sessions. I miss the monthly facials. I miss being able to spend! I miss every little things and most of all HOME!
But of course it's not all that bad being here. I get to stay in another country (although not the country of choice but no biggie as it's only one half yrs). We get to live as a family. Annabel gets to know her daddy better, and gets to know her mommy even better (hehe). Being a stay-at-home mom has its advantages - I know what she eats, her habits, etc etc. Oh and now I get to learn to cook, from nil cooking to cooking daily, and hopefully sharpen this skill along the way (but sometimes it can be quite tiring to whip out an out-of-this-world dish as one half of my energy was used to taking care of Bel-Bel!). But things are looking brighter (and I don't just mean the summer) as I am adjusting myself here slowly but surely...

0 comments: