Thursday, May 27, 2010

Five hours without pampy

A friend mentioned on her fbk status that her 32-month old daughter is diapers-free. That was one of my headache with Annabel right now. The other one being weaning her off the pacifier. But that is another story altogether.

Ok back to potty training. That little status update had me more determined to get her off the diapers. I did try previously but I guess I was not persistent enough. She knows what the poo-poo pot is for but simply refuses to do it there. She'll use it instead as a car for mickey and minnie! She will inform me when she has peed, and when she's gonna poo. That's a start I guess.

So armed with determination and confidence, I told her (after her bath at about 11am) that she's a big girl now and no need for pampy, and that she was to tell me if she needs to go. I kept reminding and asking her and all was well. Then she peed at about 2pm and was a bit panicky. We reassured her and she was happy when she got to play with water while washing her up. Then the peeing started after her milk. She peed for about 3-4 times within one hour! I think she kinda enjoyed it as she gets to play with water after that. So now I'm wondering if she didn't tell me on purpose. Hmmm.. nvm I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. After all that drama I got fed up and gave her her bath at 4pm and put her in her pajamas, yes diapers included.

I will definitely try again but first I need to get some more panties for the little girl.

0 comments: